11.05.2008

Family Night

Both boys were taking a shower getting ready for our family night. I went downstairs to take the pizza out of the over when I heard water. I had no idea where it was coming from. When I look in the living room there is a stream of water falling from the air vent. Immediately I run to get the bucket. Then I try to remember how to turn the water off to the house. I can't remember. A few min later Caleb runs to tell me there is another leak????? OK.....now I'm starting to get nervous. Then I remember how to turn the water off and close the water supply to the house. I went next door to get some help but my neighbors husband was not home. My neighbor came over and also suggested to turn the electricity off since the light fixture was wet and collecting water. In between all this happening I'm calling maintenance to come help. The builder finally calls back and tells me he sending a plumber but I will have to go meet him at the front gate. If I can not meet him I will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I told the builder I would find someone to watch the kids so that I could meet the plumber.

First Leak

Second LeakWater in the light fixture with water dripping out.I decided to let the boys have family night in the dinning room while they had dinner. I also called my friend Kirstin to please come help me. She stayed with the kids while I drove to meet the plumber. Thanks Kirstin for staying with me until the end! I really appreciate it.
Lauren is also sick tonight with a fever.

After the plumber left at 9pm we have two holes in the living room and one upstairs in the bathroom. He stopped the leak and will be back tomorrow to replace a pipe.
Troy your moving disks came in handy tonight! Thanks for buying these for me. :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH NO!

Us! said...

GOOD HEAVENS GIRL! When it rains it pours doesn't it! I am so sorry, but so glad Kirsten was right around the corner. I am sad that I wasn't closer =0( to be able to help. If you need seth and lauren out of the plumbers way please call! I'll check on you in the am....