Tonight is the first chance I get to blog since Wednesday. Let's just say that I've had better days. Now that it's (hopefully) all behind us it doesn't seem so bad. Lauren was sick for 2 nights with high fever (103.9). I took her in on Friday and the doctor said she had an ear infection. He started her on antibiotic that day. By the next morning she seemed better already. Which was a good thing since I had purchased Disney on Ice tickets a month ago. The boys had been looking forward to this all week. Thankfully my friend Tory was able to take care of Lauren for me so that she did not have to be out all day.
The boys especially Seth was looking forward to the bus ride.
For those of you that do not know Seth LOVES buses! He says when he grows up, after college, he wants to be a bus driver. I really do think this was the highlight of his day.


They LOVED the show! I really enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves.
This is the part that made me cry. All the princesses were out skating at the same time. It made me miss you (Troy)! It also made me sad that you were missing watching the boys have such a nice time. It's so wonderful watching them smile. Seth favorite princess was the one in Yellow (imagine that). He kept pointing to her saying "that my favorite".



Bus ride #2

After the show I took the boys out to eat and to a short trip to Wal-Mart. I decided to buy each of them a fighting fish and they were so excited! It's their very first pet. I would like to introduce Caleb's fish Fred Red Blue (on the Left) and Seth's fish Yellow (on the Right).
Here they are posing with their new fish to show Papa.
Now this is how we have spent every meal. Watching and talking to Fred and Yellow.
At the end of the night as I was getting ready to give Lauren her medicine and put her to bed I noticed a rash on her body. She looked like she might be having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. I called Angela (who is a nurse) to find out her opinion. She suggested that I should take Lauren in to Urgent Care. Sure enough they switched her antibiotics and said that for now we will say that she is allergic to Penicillin. At this point, with the week I was having, I just couldn't help but laugh.
THANKS AGAIN ANGELA !!!! I must take a moment here and thank all of the wonderful women in my life right now! You are all SO amazing and gracious. God is testing but also providing. Thank you again to all who are near and far. I feel your prayers!
3 comments:
Jen,
I'm so glad that you all enjoyed Disney on Ice and that Lauren is feeling better. Love seeing all the cute pictures and the story that goes with them.
Jen, it's great seeing what y'all are up to. And wow the Disney on Ice looks fabulous! So glad y'all had such a great time.
Hi Jen! Caleb is so tall. All I remember is that pudgy, adorable baby. This post made me miss you and your family. Would you please just move to Spokane? I need to meet Seth and Lauren! (Who are also both adorable and all your kids look so different!)
Post a Comment