4.18.2010

Welcome to the family Ella Sofia

Here is our newest member.  Ella Sofia Hammon born on February 17, 2010.  She was 6lbs 3oz and 21 inches long.   She is a sweetie!     

IMG_9501

   I woke up that morning wondering if today was going to be the day.  Troy was off skiing with his dad and the boys.  I had a doctors appointment that morning and a breastfeeding class in the afternoon.  Everything went fine at the doctors appointment.  It did not look like it was going to happen.  Which was OK since I was only 37 weeks. 

After the doctors appointment I was continuing to have contractions.  Nothing I was worried about.  Until I got to my breastfeeding class.  They started to get stronger an more painful.  A few minutes later my water broke.  I told the lactation consultant that I had to go because my water had just broken.  It was funny to see the faces of all those new moms in that room. 

I quickly called Troy to let him know that we were going to have a baby.  From what I hear you did not want to be in that Jeep that day.  He made it just in time…….with 5 min to spare.                     

                      IMG_9503

Thanks to grandma and grandpa Hammon for coming out to be with us during this time.  We love you and can not begin to thank you enough. 

No comments: